27A
How to Fail at Almost
Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams
1.
The general theme of the book is self-improvement
through systems rather than through goals.
2.
The book connects with and enhances the startup
process that all entrepreneurs go through. Every entrepreneur has failed at
some point during the start up process. Over time, people may fail less because
they are gaining skills from past failures. This is the crux of Scott Adams book.
It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, it just matters if you
pick yourself back up and LEARN from that, so it doesn’t happen again. Relating
more to the class, this reminds me about the point made that entrepreneurs who
start off rich tend to have success in the short run, but eventually everything
tends to equalize because the skills needed may not be developed in the rich entrepreneur.
3.
The design for the class would be to have everyone
dream up their ideal situation in life and divide their situation into skills.
For example, many people’s dream would be to become a fitness model on Instagram.
This dream may be not a possibility for some (based off looks), but this doesn’t
change the system that everyone must go through to achieve this. You can divide
this into a few aspects. First, one must have the knowledge needed about the human
body to build their body through nutrition and the gym. Secondly, one must have
their basic life choices down (getting enough sleep, positive mentality, low stress
levels, attitude is on point). In both scenarios one can find small wins constantly
and feel good about themselves rather than being in a constant state of
failure.
4.
My biggest surprise was the fact that I am in a
constant state of failure without realizing it and that I could completely
change this by implementing Scott’s recommendations. If I systematize my life I
could change everything.
This was a great pick considering the other post we had to do this week. I actually read this book as well and I think you hit the major points on the head. I found it to be all about learning from your failures and becoming better from them, and as entrepreneurs this is vital to be successful because there will be failures.
ReplyDelete