Thursday, March 29, 2018

23


23
·         Generate a list of all of the resources in your venture (produce a list of at least 10 resources that you already possess). This can include your human capital, social capital, financial capital, and capabilities. You may also discuss the organizational culture you intend to create (but, obviously, it's not a resource that you have, now.) 
·         Conduct a "VRIN" analysis for each resource. That is, describe, for each resource, how it is valuable, rare, inimitable (how hard it is to copy by others), and non-substitutable (are there other resources that can provide the same benefits?). 
·         Remember, not ALL resources will measure up well. That's OK. You just need one. 
·         After conducting the VRIN analysis, determine what your top resource is. Explain why it's more important to your venture than all of the other resources.

Resources:
1)      Cash Asset
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? Yes
Organization? Yes
2)      Truck Asset
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? Yes
Organization? No

3)      Friends who have knowledge of Puerto Rico and its people to help
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes

4)      Basic Spanish knowledge
Valuable? No
Rare? No
Imitable? Yes
Organization? Yes

5)      Good relations with past Spanish teachers
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes

6)      Access to professors that are familiar with Hispanic culture
Valuable? No
Rare? No
Imitable? Yes
Organization? Yes

7)      Access to Puerto Rico club at UF
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes


8)      Creativity
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes

9)      Drive
Valuable? Yes
Rare? No
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes

10)   Understanding of how to start organizations from the ground up (created own club at UF)
Valuable? Yes
Rare? Yes
Imitable? No
Organization? Yes



According to VRIO analysis my understanding of how to start organizations from the ground up is my most valuable resource. I have created a club and am the Vice President of it. We grew from 3 members to around 20 active members in a semester. Currently we are working on international microeconomic development. I think this is my most valuable resource because it is hard to replicate this and it provides me with lots of lessons on how to start a new organization and how to run an organization well. For example, it has taught me perseverance when times are difficult. It has taught me to trust the process. And it has also taught me that good things come with time and dedication.



2 comments:

  1. Mitch, I think you have a great list here. I appreciate that you referenced another source to confirm that organization and management is your best resource, and I would have to agree considering the business idea. You would have a lot to keep track of and many others could get overwhelmed. Small side note, but I like how you put the question in your post like that. I think it gives people that don’t know the class a good reference to understand what we’re talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mitch,
    I think you did a good job complying a list of resources you possess. Starting a club and holding a position is a great experience to have. I am sure you have learned a lot from that opportunity. It is definitely hard to duplicate an experience like that. That resource will for sure help you build your business.

    ReplyDelete