Friday, February 2, 2018

7A– Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

7A - testing the Hypothesis, Part 1
1)      The opportunity I plan on pursuing is sending water to Puerto Rico and selling it to the residents and businesses
2)      Who: The people and businesses in Puerto Rico
What: do not have necessities like water
Why: Hurricane destroyed their economy and infrastructure and the help from America is starting to die down.
3)      Testing the who: Animals need water (pets), farmers need water for crops, resorts need water for clean swimming pools, people who like to garden cannot garden, people who are not close to supermarkets need water because they may have run out of their stockpile.
Testing the what: people need clean water, not dirty water
Testing the Why: some people may have poor water saving habits (they could be wasteful) and they may have poor storage (water could evaporate more than they want)


5)      I found that many people have stopped doing their hobbies that are water intensive (like swimming, gardening, etc) and tried to save their water as much as possible for drinking. They didn’t want to waste any water because they were not sure when they would be getting more. I think that my water plan may actually have potential because the demand is high right now and people may not want to have to go through what they’re going through right now so they will buy lots of extra water. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mitch, I really like that you decided to choose a issue that is highly debating and talked about in today's society, mostly on how horrible that situation ended up being. It is definitely an opportunity right now, but the one thing I have to say is that the opportunity can be there and gone in a matter on weeks/days. It all depends on the actions being put into place. Also the profitability of the opportunity is basically nonexistent although I understand it to be a humanitarian opportunity. Great job nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mitch. I think you did an excellent job finding an opportunity and a group of people that needs it very much. You did a great job breaking down the who, what, and why of the opportunity and explained in detail everything about it. I think you chose an opportunistic time for your opportunity and it would definitely be in high demand right now because of the recent hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey man, I really like this idea for an opportunity. It’s a respectable goal to have and is something in this country that should be pursued more, so I believe it’s perfect for this assignment. It’s interesting that people have stopped using water because they were unsure about the future, I think that says a lot. I also think you hit on good points such as water storage and farming. Most people wouldn’t think about that.

    ReplyDelete