Friday, February 16, 2018

11A Napkin


11A Idea Napkin

You - I am a people person, I know I can strike up a conversation with anyone and it can usually go well if they want to talk. I also have a background with Hispanic people as I am a member of the Hispanic Student Association here at UF. This will help me when I go to Puerto Rico because I understand some aspects of their culture and I can use that to my advantage when selling water bottles. May have a sales internship this summer. I aspire to be a personal trainer and physical therapist long term. I know I want to work in the gym industry to help people better themselves. I know this business will help me in my life because there are many opportunities to help people in Puerto Rico. Furthermore, many skills that I can’t even imagine happening will be developed because of this business. For example, one may learn how to accept rejection better by starting a business, and one can discover how they react to challenge.

What are you offering to customers - I am offering a mobile water distribution service They do not have enough clean water to survive, often finding themselves in long lines at grocery stores not knowing whether there will be water.

Who are you offering it to - to people in Puerto Rico that are struggling from the most recent hurricane.

Why do they care - They do not have enough clean water to survive, often finding themselves in long lines at grocery stores not knowing whether there will be water. They need water to survive

What are your core competencies - People may not have the ability to relate to Hispanics like I do. It takes a great salesman to standout from the competition, and I know I can do it. Furthermore, I believe the portable distribution service would set me apart so that smaller towns and villages can be supplied better.


I think the part that most sticks out would be me, because I am not fluent in Spanish. It may be difficult to communicate with Puerto Ricans. However, I can use google translate and I know common phrases that will make communication somewhat possible. On the other hand, the Who What and Why all fit together. They are all related to one another because of the fact that a hurricane hit Puerto Rico and devastated their infrastructure. This impacts water availability to the people of Puerto Rico.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mitch, I think that your idea napkin post was effective in getting your thoughts together and starting to get you thinking deeper into your product/service. I think the self-confidence that you portray in the post and that will really help you when the going gets tough and when you are just starting to get your product know to the people. The only thin gI have to say is that by the time this class is over the problem may already be solved, so maybe transition focus fro just Puerto Rico water problem to a more efficient, cheap, and fast way of allocating water during emergency times. Overall, I think you did a good job and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mitch,

    I think you did a great job with your idea napkin and explained how your background and knowledge can help you with your idea. I think there is a definite need for your product and it could be a major success. If you improved your Spanish or got some people to work for you it could really go a long way in making your product a large success. Great job with your napkin idea post!

    ReplyDelete