Bug list
- Every morning at 8:00 and afternoon during rush hour the East beltway 295 is jam packed with bumper to bumper traffic
- Why does this exist
- There are not enough lanes on east beltway 295 for the amount of traffic. This is one of the only routes to move north and south in Jacksonville and is jamming too many people into two lanes
- Why does this exist
- Apple iPhone extension products like headphones or chargers are so fragile and break/malfunction constantly
- Why does this exist
- Apple either doesn’t use the highest quality materials when making chargers and headphones. May want customers to continually buy new headphones to make more money
- Why does this exist
- My Phone charge doesn’t last the whole day and I am forced to constantly charge my phone
- Why does this exist
- The battery in the iPhone wears down over time and loses its length that it keeps iphones alive
- Why does this exist
- The internet around UF doesn’t always work, certain routers (around the dining halls, in my dorm kitchen) seem to be malfunctioning and forcing me to use data without me realizing
- Why does this exist
- The system may be extremely complex and hard to manage, the routers may not be the best quality routers, too many people may be using the router at once
- Why does this exist
- THERE IS NOT ENOUGH PARKING ON UF CAMPUS
- Why does this exist
- There are not enough parking spots designated for people to drive on campus, high demand for spots, low availability
- Why does this exist
- The dining hall phone app shows certain foods being served and in reality seems to always have something else
- Why does this exist
- The apps are not being up to date by whoever runs them, poor management of the apps
- Why does this exist
- It takes me too long to be able to use the weights in the student rec center during peak hours
- Why does this exist
- The student rec center gym has more than half of the gym dedicated to treadmills and cardio equipment that are rarely used, while the other half is spread over all strength machines.
- Why does this exist
- Apple iPhone forces me to set up apple pay, AND I DON’T WANT THAT
- Why does this exist
- Apple wants people to use their new feature and doesn’t let you reject it. They keep bothering people with notifications that they cannot remove if they reject the new feature
- Why does this exist
- Apple iPhone gives me irremovable notifications that I need to backup my iPhone, and then a secondary notification that my iPhone cannot be backed up because I don’t have enough iCloud space. What even is iCloud storage
- Why does it exist
- Apple wants people to use their new feature and doesn’t let you reject it. They keep bothering people with notifications that they cannot remove if they reject the new feature
- Why does it exist
- The dorm driers never fully dry my pants/jeans and I have to air dry them an extra day before folding them
- Why does it exist
- The dorm driers do not have enough power or enough heating potential to fully dry my clothes
- Why does it exist
- My brand new keyboard already has squeaky keys that cause a nuisance when playing and typing
- Why does it exist
- The keys may be faulty because it is a cheaper keyboard, they may have a mechanical issue
- Why does it exist
- The student health center takes an extraordinary time to see patients. Usually around a week wait to get in
- Why does it exist
- They are not efficient at seeing patients in a timely manner
- Why does it exist
- There is always a massive line for Business advising that makes It impossible to schedule an appointment
- Why does it exist
- They are not efficient at seeing students in a timely manner, there are not enough advisers for the amount of students trying to get advising
- Why does it exist
- It is nearly impossible to find an outlet in Marston Science Library during peak hours
- Why does this exist
- Marston Science Library doesn’t have enough outlets at tables in the middle of the third floor, so people hug the walls where the outlets are
- Why does this exist
- The apple iPhone keyboard characters are too small
- Why does this exist
- Small screen means you have to cram the keyboard in a small window
- Why does this exist
- The call of duty video game servers are extremely inconsistent and take a long time to respond to player input
- Why does this exist
- There was not enough preparation of the servers, didn’t anticipate the amount of people trying to play the game (poor planning on their part)
- Why does this exist
- Nearly impossible to tell how much gas is left in the lawnmower
- Why does this exist
- There is no fuel gauge on the lawnmower, I have to look into a dark capsule and try to gauge it myself
- Why does this exist
- My special mojo golf balls blend in to the environment and get lost
- Why does it exist
- The golf balls are a color where if I miss the fairway I can’t find it
- Why does it exist
- I want to be able to do a real time data analysis of players in game (like speed ran, place on field, time spent on ball moving or off ball moving), not have to wait until the game is over
- Why does it exist
- Software hasn’t developed enough or services aren’t being provided for people that want this type of analysis during games
- Why does it exist
- I can’t always tell who scores points in certain sports like basketball.
- Why does it exist
- The names on the jerseys are small, and they don’t have a system where it shows the name when they score the points.
- Why does it exist
I found it difficult to come up with certain bugs after around number 16. I think that there are many reasons why there was some difficulty coming up with this bug list.
First off, it is human nature to come up with solutions to issues. Lots of these issues people come up with makeshift solutions that could be improved upon. Once humans come up with makeshift solutions, they may forget about these issues thinking that they are not issues anymore.
Also, as one changes and progresses through life, issues change as well. For example, one may have issues as a child, like not being able to reach the top shelf of the pantry because they are short. As they grow older, that issue is solved because they get taller. Different people have different issues.
As for the ‘why does it exist’ section, I think that people may not realize what specific issues are bothering them. Personally, an issue I deal with is that my low back hurts after sitting for a while. I never realized that my posture when I am sitting was causing that issue, I just knew that my back hurt. It may be hard to pinpoint the specific reasons of what is causing these issues.
Hey Mitch, I enjoyed reading your bug list. I feel like I learned so much about you by reading your bugs. I can easily tell you're a college student who lives on campus. I thought it was interesting how a good amount of your bugs dealt with technology. It shows how much we use technology and how vital it is in our lives.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMitch, I really enjoyed reading all your bugs. A lot of them are definitely relatable to me as well, especially the ones about the iPhone and UF campus parking. I also enjoyed your reasons for the bugs existing. A lot of them revolving around technology and the unreliability of it all. Overall, it was a good blogpost and I enjoyed them.
ReplyDeleteYour bug list was very well organized, so I have to applaud you for that. The list also represents the daily struggle of a college student, and I love that. I feel the same way with all of the points that you made and it goes to show how common these bugs can be. Also, thanks for the lengthy reflection section. It was interesting to read the background of this list, especially with the “why” section. I look forward to reading your future posts!
ReplyDelete