Your Entrepreneurship Story 3A
In the summer of 2014, I noticed that many people went on
vacations and had left their homes alone. I realized that people may want some
security by having someone look over their home. Furthermore, they would
appreciate coming home to a nice, well kept lawn and pool and a happy pet. To
fill this need in the market, I started and ran my own business called “Mitch’s
Va-care”. I started off small and saw some growth, but not as much as I would’ve
liked. It grew from helping homes in my neighborhood, to nearby homes in other
neighborhoods, and eventually across town. I gained lots of skills, and worked
hard, but I feel like I could’ve done much better with a more sophisticated
plan.

I took this class to hone in on some of my entrepreneurial potential
and further develop skills that will help me out later in life. I may not
become an entrepreneur, but I want to have the skills and develop a mindset so
that if I have options for doing things that I love later in life.

Mitch, I love how creative you were in high school. You saw an opportunity and created your own business to earn money. I appreciate how you are taking this class to develop entrepreneurial skills even though you aren't striving to become an entrepreneur. I also like how you said you are keeping your future open. I'm not trying to be an entrepreneur either, but see the possibility in the future.
ReplyDelete